Life Support: Inspiration. Recipes. Lists.

5/23/12

Letters to Finley: 4 AM.




Every night you wake up around 4 a.m. You don't cry much, just fuss enough to let me know that you are ready to eat.  At first getting up in the middle of the night was a little bit of a challenge. The first few weeks after you were born felt more like one really long day with a few night time naps here and there.  Sleep has always been way up there on my list of favorite things, but it's funny how you have changed that. I like getting up with you. It's strange being up in the middle of the night, everything looks and sounds different. The house is dark and quiet and daddy and the kitties are sound asleep. When I pick you up out of your crib you are still really sleepy. I give you a thousand kisses and you open your eyes big and wide.  As you nurse you look right at me and hold onto my finger with your tiny hand. I love it. It is my favorite time with you. There are no distractions,there is no where else to be, there is nothing in the world to do, except sit and rock you.

No comments:

Post a Comment